Translate Bio is seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Office Coordinator to fully own the receptionist function, making a stellar first impression, ensuring a high-quality visitor experience and promoting a team-oriented culture. As Translate Bio’s Office Coordinator, you will be depended upon to be courteous, professional and skilled in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. This position requires a professional demeanor with excellent communication and organization skills and the ability to integrate needs from various departments. You will serve as a resource for both visitors and team members, and will provide ongoing support for general office duties. The Office Coordinator reports to Human Resources and will assist with HR operations, recruitment, team events and other aspects of the employee experience. The successful candidate will thrive in a high energy, task-oriented environment, exhibit exceptional communication skills, a positive “no job is too big or too small” attitude, and the ability to think on their feet. This role will provide a great opportunity to gain meaningful experience in a biotech company and grow as a self-starter within an exciting, fast-paced startup.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for welcoming site visitors and managing visitor management system.
- Provide administrative support for day-to-day operations cross functionally.
- Manage incoming calls to the main phone line and direct inquiries to the appropriate parties.
- Maintain department and site contact lists.
- Provide HR administrative support including interview scheduling, new hire onboarding, organizing HR files, distributing company-wide emails, and other HR related administrative tasks.
- Be the point person for viewing security camera monitors for doors at the loading dock, back door and front door, during normal operating hours. There are electronic door releases for the three doors.
- Assist with ordering lunches/refreshments for staff meetings, visitors, as well as occasionally helping with set-up, and clean-up.
- Assist and provide support to other administrative support team members on an as needed basis.
- Bachelors degree with prior customer service, administrative or related work experience, ideally in a biotech, startup, or fast-paced environment
- Must be able to handle highly confidential information with solid judgment and discretion.
- Knowledge of functional business areas/team.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to think independently.
- Strong follow-up and follow-through skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build both internal and external relationships.
- Ability to exhibit diplomacy, tact, and common sense under all circumstances.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team environment.
- Highly effective organizational/time management skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate a high degree of professionalism.
- Strong attention to detail with accuracy and thoroughness.
- Desire to grow as a self-starter within an exciting, fast-paced startup.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft office.