We are seeking a highly motivated and scientifically rigorous individual to join the Research and Process Development team as a Scientist. The position will report to the Associate Director of the group and will focus on developing novel formulations via different routes of administration for mRNA delivery and formulation development activities in the group.
- Conduct laboratory formulation development of mRNA drug targets entailing: production of LNP & polymer-based nanoparticles for in vitro/in vivo studies
- Further expand delivery capabilities for Translate Bio and build our intellectual property estate
- Develop novel formulations for different ROAs for different targets
- Work closely and build relationships with select CROs with focus on in vivo studies, drug carrier design/development, assay development
- Develop freeze stable and lyophilized formulations
- Focus on alternate routes of administration including local delivery, controlled release, targeted delivery etc.
- Prepare technical reports and presentations for clear communication of scientific findings across interdisciplinary teams
- PhD in Chemistry/Physical Chemistry/Chemical Engineering/Biochemistry
- 1 – 4 years of relevant experience in drug delivery
- Demonstrated success in nucleic acid delivery and the development of novel drug carriers with hands-on experience in lipid nanoparticle (LNP) formulations, polymer-based nanoparticles & characterization
- Direct experience with messenger RNA encapsulation/quantification/characterization/handling is preferred
- Working knowledge of organic chemistry and its applications to drug delivery is preferred
- Demonstrated thorough understanding of intracellular pathways, kinetics, biodistribution parameters, etc.
- Previous experience designing successful drug products for various routes of administration (subcutaneous, intramuscular, pulmonary, GI, CNS, etc.)
- Familiarity with lyophilization theory and techniques is preferred
- Strong disposition for analytics (QC, methods, assay development)
- Works collaboratively within group as well as within interdisciplinary teams
- Demonstrated experience in working with outside CROs/CMOs
- Manages time effectively demonstrating ability to perform multiple projects at one time
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Translate Bio is committed to equal employment opportunity. All applicants must have authorization to work in the U.S.