We are seeking a highly motivated and technically rigorous individual to join our team as Director / Senior Director, Corporate Development. The successful candidate will report to the Chief Business Officer and be an integral part of the growing Corporate Development team. The person will be responsible for leading search and evaluation of new opportunities to support the business strategy at Translate Bio with the goal of building new partnerships in designated therapeutic areas / programs and expanding the platform. The candidate will also lead or provide support to a variety of transactions: in-licensing, and other portfolio/out-licensing transactions. Experience in other functional areas will be important (e.g. alliance management, commercial assessment, corporate strategy, business development, financial modeling, competitive intelligence).
- Manage the partnering opportunity evaluation process by leading cross functional teams with R&D/Regulatory, Finance, and IP/Legal.
- Propose business strategies for selected partnering opportunities for management review.
- Prepare term sheets in partnership with legal to execute and manage selected contracts.
- Manage and lead multiple, complex transactions in business development with limited supervision.
- Support relationship management, tracks/reports on new markets and emerging trends. Recommends new products.
- Attend partner meetings, scientific/clinical conferences and search multiple sources for new in-licensing opportunities.
- Effectively & proactively communicate with potential partners.
- Prioritize & simultaneously manage multiple projects and opportunities.
- MBA or PhD preferred and 7+ years of biotechnology industry experience
- Experience in leading business development activities / knowledge of agreements
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint
- Strong skills in financial analysis and forecasting / modeling
- Strong technical/scientific skills
- Previous experience in biotech business development and evaluation roles and/or healthcare investment banking experience
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Translate Bio is committed to equal employment opportunity. All applicants must have authorization to work in the U.S.