We are looking for a scientific leader who will be responsible for leading the drug delivery and formulation development of large molecule products in Translate Bio’s pipeline across discovery through process definition and scale-up. The successful candidate will report to the Senior Vice President of Research & Process Development and be an integral part of the Discovery and Delivery organization. This role will have responsibility for leading a dynamic, scientifically driven team who is dedicated to design, development, and characterization of product formulations as well as driving strategic decisions to identify, develop, and implement formulations into clinical and safety studies to advance development.
- Oversee broad efforts on expansion of mRNA delivery capabilities including chemistry of lipid/polymer library design and execution, cellular trafficking applications, pharmaceutical development, alternate routes of administration, novel carrier systems, next generation technologies, etc.
- Develop and align diverse delivery activities with project teams, overall development strategies, and building the technical capabilities to effectively carry out the organization’s mission
- Collaborate closely with analytical/CMC colleagues to develop and implement specifications for drug substance and drug products in development
- Responsible for quality, quantity, and timelines for formulation projects bringing formulation representation and expertise to project teams as appropriate
- Maintains productive communications with staff, partners, and external stakeholders to ensure understanding of needs, proper prioritization and timely delivery of product knowledge, data, and documentation
- Attract, retain, and manage a strong drug delivery team across various functional areas and provide oversight and leadership consistent with scientific goals across the organization’s portfolio
- Oversee preparation of key clinical documents for regulatory submissions
- Research and identify new opportunities and novel project ideas that support the company’s vision
- Interaction with IP counsel/consultants
- PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemistry, Chemistry Engineering or relevant scientific discipline
- 15+ years of post-doctoral or work experience required
10+ years of experience with drug delivery and/or formulation development
- Subject matter expert with high-level command of scientific literature in the field of drug delivery or formulations development or other related areas
- Knowledge and understanding of mRNA therapeutics development is desirable
Comprehensive know-how on applications of delivery to cell biology and immunology
- Highly analytical, decisive, and goal-oriented while maintaining the highest scientific and ethical standards
- Innovative with proven people skills to manage a diverse and highly talented staff of individuals with varied experience
- Must be motivated, creative, energetic, resourceful and flexible when managing new challenges and new ideas
- Exceptional communicator with the ability to inspire confidence and has strong presentation skills and demonstrated record of leadership
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Translate Bio is committed to equal employment opportunity. All applicants must have authorization to work in the U.S.