We are currently looking for an exceptional candidate for an attorney or patent agent focused on Intellectual Property. The successful candidate will possess significant experience in the development and protection of intellectual property of chemical compositions for delivery of RNA, as well as comfort in biological and manufacturing methods for developing and commercializing mRNA therapeutics. This position will report to the vice president of intellectual property.
- Collaborate with research and development to generate and file strong patent applications that provide meaningful business advantage.
- Identify and evaluate new inventions, conduct prior art searches, manage new and existing patent portfolios, respond to administrative challenges instituted by third parties, and monitor competitive intellectual property.
- Supervise and direct outside patent counsel in patent preparation and prosecution for business-critical patent protection.
- Conduct freedom-to-operate searches.
- Work independently on IP-related business agreements.
- Advanced degree in organic chemistry and/or experience with organic chemistry patent filings
- Registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Experience with complex IP portfolio management
- Willingness to work independently to achieve goals
- Understanding of interrelationship between the legal, scientific and business aspects of intellectual property and the use of IP to further the company’s business goals
- Ability to recognize and to prioritize respond quickly, clearly and pragmatically to urgent situations
- Excellent interpersonal skills demonstrated by collaborative and decisive team member communication and a strategic thinking
- Listens effectively and invites response and discussion
- Communicates in an open and clear, complete, timely and consistent manner
Translate Bio is committed to equal employment opportunity. All applicants must have authorization to work in the U.S.