We are looking for a detail-oriented, highly motivated professional with strong communication, organizational and Excel skills to join our team as Senior Financial Analyst. The successful candidate will report to the Vice President of Finance, Corporate Controller and will be part of our growing Accounting and Finance team. The person in this role will be responsible for coordinating and preparing short and long-term budgets and forecasts and will perform variance analysis versus the plan and forecast.
- Responsible for coordination and development of financial strategic plans, budgets and forecasts for the company
- Build and maintain a rolling 2-year forecast
- Work collaboratively with department colleagues to review and analyze monthly, quarterly and year-to-date actual variances vs budget and forecast
- Develop and maintain a system to gather information and report on the status of preclinical and clinical activities to ensure the proper amount of expense is recorded in monthly, quarterly and annual closings
- Work closely with department heads to identify, understand and develop departmental needs while ensuring they support the corporate objectives
- Support infrastructure and process improvements
- Assist with special projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance related field
- Minimum 5-7 years of relevant experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry
- Strong Excel skills required
- Ability to work across multiple departments in a team environment with people at all levels of the organization
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in participating in monthly, quarterly and annual closings
- Experience working in a Sarbanes-Oxley 404 environment
Translate Bio is committed to equal employment opportunity. All applicants must have authorization to work in the U.S.